Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Changing Corporate Culture....

So yesterday when I was wearing a motivational cap....and having discussion with my rumi....who seems to be very talented in terms of additional skills apart from her professional qualifications....to name one of them is that she is a trained beautician....keeping this underutilized talent to please her roommates or friends occasionally....So the girl wearing motivational cap thats me was trying her best to pursuade her(My rumi) that she should follow where her talent leads....so this Ms. HR by profession should actually own a beauty saloon...giving additional sevices like online advice and appointments to her clients....She as usual was apprehensive...saying lets finallize a place to live 1st....(we are in an urgent need of accomodation these days)
And then shared with her the idea that suddenly banged on me....Beauty Services as a part of HR policy to be introduced in all organizations with discounted price...and this should start with her organization...This will save her cost...ensure an initial ROI...what a good idea...employees will also feel pampered....

"Then I will have to address the concerns like mark me a half day going for a prdicure... or feeling tired I think I should get a quick massage" was all I got as a feedback from her....Her typical HR mind tempts her to demolish all the innovative ideas .....Anyways so what if she finds it against a disciplined corporate culture I am sure there is a seeker somewhere who after finding this idea will nurture it...

By that time I will be very happy if  I get your comment on what will happen if Beauty Services are introduced as part of employee welfare in HR policies of today....

2 comments:

  1. mix mix thought in my mind, can be good idea if implemented under company policies...

    oye wait wait.... wht if all the employees are seen in your breakout area only :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happening the office woukld be....And office will be all filled with beauty around....

    ReplyDelete